Breakfast Breakout Sessions 2019
When: Thursday 31 October 2019, 7:45am – 9:30am
Once you have secured a place for Family Office Congress XII, we invite you to join us for one of five breakout sessions to discuss, explore and learn from industry leaders and peers.
The following breakfast sessions are available:
- Cautious Optimism – hosted by John Garret, Managing Director, Moelis Australia
John will talk about his latest observations of the markets from both a domestic and a US perspective. He will be reflecting on the potential impact of the US/China trade relationship, decreasing interest rates and the wall of capital chasing returns. John will outline where the opportunity and the future thematic is likely to impact investment returns.
- Opportunity to invest in Family & Founder led businesses with Cooper Investors – hosted by Cooper Investors: Peter Cooper, Chairman & CIO; Allan Goldstein, Portfolio Manager; Marcus Guzzardi, Co-head of Americas.
Earlier this month Cooper Investors launched the specialist Family & Founder Fund. The Fund has been created with particular requirements of Family Offices in mind. The Fund invests in Family and Founder
led businesses globally. This is a limited opportunity for PWN members to hear directly from one of own members, Peter Cooper about the firm and the Fund. Peter, Allan Goldstein and Marcus Guzzardi will share insights on family and founder led businesses stemming from Cooper Investors’ own journey as well as observations from nearly two decades of investing.
Opportunities for Superior Return in a Low Return Environment – hosted by Andrew Harrex, Managing Director, PE Investments
In this interactive session, Andrew will talk about trade wars, current drivers, historic moves and drivers. Andrew will also examine where he thinks the AUD will go and what should Family Investors do if they are hedging today.
- Examining the Private Equity Opportunities within Renewable Energy & Real Estate – hosted by Cameron Brownjohn, CEO, Federation Asset Management
This breakfast will be hosted by Cameron Brownjohn, CEO, Federation Asset Management. Federation is an Asia Pacific private equity firm that invests across renewable energy, real estate and other sectors. Federation enjoys a deep pipeline of proprietary investments, employs high ESG standards across all investments and welcomes co-investment discussions with families and entrepreneurs as a way to expand its opportunities and network.
- Simple Strategies to Keep Your Family Shining Brightly in a Complex World – hosted by Marie McLeod, Director, Popsy Practical Positive Psychology
What are you most hoping for when it comes to your family’s future? Happiness, health, kindness, resilience, relationships, success in your chosen careers? Whilst many of us have high hopes, few are clear how we might help our families shine their brightest despite life’s increasing complexity. In this session we will discuss:
- An evidence-informed measure and checklist (the BEACON Star) for cultivating a flourishing family culture – BEACON (Belonging, Engagement, Accountability, Compassion, Optimism and Nurturing our Health).
- Practical strategies grounded in the science of Positive Psychology to support your family’s flourishing, maximizing the chances you will each reach your potential, pursue your passions and powerfully contribute to communities and causes of your choosing.
- A new lens on wellbeing – from “me” to “we”. A focus on nurturing both “seed” and “soil”.