Breakfast Breakout Sessions 2019
When: Thursday 31 October 2019, 7:30am – 9:30am
Once you have secured a place for Family Office Congress XII, we invite you to join us for one of five breakout sessions to discuss, explore and learn from industry leaders and peers.
The following breakfast sessions are available:
- Cautious Optimism – hosted by John Garret, Managing Director, Moelis Australia
John will talk about his latest observations of the markets from both a domestic and a US perspective. He will be reflecting on the potential impact of the US/China trade relationship, decreasing interest rates and the wall of capital chasing returns. John will outline where the opportunity and the future thematic is likely to impact investment returns.
- Liquidity in Private Investing – hosted by Primary Markets
Private markets continue to grow across all developed markets, with dealflow now exceeding US$8 trillion and dry powder seeking investment exceeding US$1.7 Trillion in the U.S. alone. Tech Unicorns worldwide now comprise ~360 issuers with a combined value of US$1.2 trillion. This sustained surge in private investing highlights that critical function of liquidity in these markets. PrimaryMarkets/Linqto plays this critical role for many private companies and funds and improves market efficiencies. Participants will:
- Learn more about the scale and scope of private investing and what it means for the future of capital markets.
- Understand the structures and mechanisms of private markets and the opportunities they bring.
- Gain information on the impacts of Unicorn companies on private markets and how they influence further dealflow.
- The Problem with a Set and Forget FX Policy – hosted by PE Investments
In this interactive session, Andrew will talk about trade wars, current drivers, historic moves and drivers. Andrew will also examine where he thinks the AUD will go and what should Family Investors do if they are hedging today.
- Opportunities in Indian focused Private Equity – hosted by SHED
- Simple Strategies to Keep Your Family Shining Brightly in a Complex World – hosted by Marie McLeod, Director, Popsy Practical Positive Psychology
What are you most hoping for when it comes to your family’s future? Happiness, health, kindness, resilience, relationships, success in your chosen careers? Whilst many of us have high hopes, few are clear how we might help our families shine their brightest despite life’s increasing complexity. In this session we will discuss:
- An evidence informed measure and checklist (the BEACON Star) for cultivating a flourishing family culture – BEACON (Belonging, Engagement, Accountability, Compassion, Optimism and Nurturing our Health).
- Practical strategies grounded in the science of Positive Psycholgy to support your family’s flourishing, maximizing the chances you will each reach your potential, pursue your passions and powerfully contribute to communities and causes of your choosing.
- A new lens on wellbeing – from “me” to “we”. A focus on nurturing both “seed” and “soil”.